A try @ invention...
Mushroom hamburger with avocado/tomate sauce
After posting yesterday morning I received a call I had to drive up all the way to Portland, ME because they filled out the wrong document for me. I didn't want to go out, but I drove to Portland and when I came back home I realized the information on the documents is wrong - again. I was very dissapointed and now I'm frustrated coz it means I have to go to Portland AGAIN and waste 3 hours + the toll $ just to change... EVERYTHING!
On my way back I decided I wanted to try something with the mushrooms I bought on Tuesday. So I decided to make a Mushroom hamburger.
It tasted ok, but I used one ingredient that I shouldn't have used: corn starch.
The burger came out good after all. With 227grams of mushrooms I made about 7 burgers... so I have my lunch for Sunday.
For those interested in the recipe, I'll just tell you how I did it coz it was my creation/invention... LOL
Hamburger
227 grams of sliced mushrooms
1 egg (or 1/2 cup egg subsitute)
salt
pepper
oregano
bread crumbs (1/2 cup or so)
Mix all together.
Heat a skillet and round the mushrooms as if making ground-meat hamburgers.
Heat a skillet and round the mushrooms as if making ground-meat hamburgers.
Pu them in skillet.
When they look like they're done, flip them over and that's it.
Avocado/Tomate Sauce (*)
1/4 avocado cut in squares
1/2 tomato cut in squares
1/4 small red onion chopped very thin
1 tbsp lime juice
salt
Mix all together in a bowl and add cilantro if you wish...
(*) it's a WW's recipe.
I also made rice and roasted peppers. Everything was delicious - except the weird taste of the corn starch. I thought it'd have the same effect it has on the meat, but it didn't. At least I tried. Next time I won't use it.
Even though it's midnight I have to go clean the kitchen. I spent a lot of time chatting and 'boluding' so now I'll go clean up.

2 comments:
Hi and thanks for commenting on my coffee cozies. I have some for sale at the Dilworth coffee House but have not hear if any sold. I love avocado and like making chunky guacamole. Your recipe sounds delicious and such an easy side dish. Will look some more at your other recipes.
MMmmmmmmm sounds so good.
Post a Comment