Monday, July 06, 2009

SummerTime!

Summer has officially started quite a few days ago, but I can say I felt summer just today when I got up in New York and the temperature showed 77F and there was SUN- and not RAIN like I had last week in NH.

What am I doing in NY?
Well... the twins' parents are going out of the country and they are not taking the twins, so they asked whether I'd be ok with coming down for a week to look after them. They're just leaving for 5 days (W-Sun) but it wasn't worth it coming for just those 5 days, so I came the whole week. Gary wasn't too happy about it coz as soon as I'm back he's leaving (I'm going back on 7/13 and he leaves on 7/14) but the $ is good and it means we'll be able to buy a new mattress.

No. We didn't break ours.... LOL
We sleep in an air mattress and it's killing our back. It's ok to have an air mattress if you go camping, or just for a couple of months. Not 9 months...

As I had told you before I got New Moon around 6/15 but I actually didn't read more than a couple of pages. I left it and I took advantage of my doing nothing in NH to read the whole thing again. Literally, I couldn't put the book down (but I'm not a fast reader so it took me that long to read the whole thing: 4 days).
I loved the book - though it's kinda repetitive... I guess it's the way SM writes coz now I'm 1/4 way on Eclipse and it's always the same story. She goes on and on and on about the same things and feelings. I was telling Gary it's for teenagers so may be she was trying to enforce Bella's heartbroken and how hard that was... IDK. It's just too childish sometimes, and also how she deals with some feelings.
I tend to hate her, really.

Despite all the vampire/werewolf stuff in the books, and her whinning about EVERYTHING and how she wants to be a vampire, I like the fact he loves her unconditionally. I can't find the phrase he says I want to share with you. But if the book is just pure nonesense - pure entertainment, I love that declaration of Love. He does love her! :)

I'll have a few days to finish Eclipse and then I'll start Breaking Dawn. I'm so interested in knowing how everything ends. I promise I won't spoil it - unless someone asks...

I cook gnoquis on Sunday.
Gary said they were GREAT! My poor husband... I don't know if he was polite... or they were just good to him. To me they were disgusting LOL

I'm trying...

No comments: