"Keep in Touch"
A while ago I went to Texas and I spent a week there where I took time to see some friends, hang out with my friends, and I called everyone I knew there. I wanted to see them coz I didn't know when I was gonna be going to Texas again.
I called someone in particular and this person decided it was better to lie to me, and give a bunch of idiotic excuses. The voice on the phone said: 'I'm at the door, getting ready to get in my car and go to the doctor coz I'm really sick'.
Guess what?
I was in front of this person's house and I didn't see anybody get in the car and leave. I was there for like 15 minutes...
I never talked about this before, and I didn't mentioned it here. But yesterday something happened that made me think about this and how stupid lying is.
My boss asked me to go to N&R's school coz they were having a science workshop and they wanted parents to be there. As N&R's mom works on M&W I had to go to support Ry. It was an awesome workshop and I enjoyed it very much. The guy was a teacher/scientist from the Children's Museum and he came to the school to talk about endangered animals. He brought a ferret, a chinchilla, a python snake, an orange-shell turtle, and a black-eyed-tree-frog.
Anyway, while he was showing the chinchilla (which was the 2nd animal) the woman sitting next to me txted another person. I couldn't help but peek at what she was typing, and she typed: 'I wanna leave but my son has tears in his eyes ...'
The truth is that her son was sitting next to Ry, enjoying the talk and excited about the live animals.
Why did she do that?
Why was she using him as an excuse?
Why do people make excuses? Why?
Why don't tell the truth?
When I got home I checked my Facebook and this person (who gave me the 'sick' excuse) sent me a msg on Facebook. The message ends with this phrase: 'Keep in touch'.
How ironic...
1 comment:
I have yet to understand why people have to make stupid excuses instead of just being honest.
Post a Comment