Monday, February 09, 2009

Cuando el gato no esta...

G left for his mission on 2/5 and he left our car in NH - so I went to pick it up.

It takes me about 7 hours to go from NY to NH. 

This is how my trip went this weekend:

9.26am Taxi to train station
9.40am Train to NYC
9.45am Subway to Chinatown 
10am (I barely made it!!!!) Bus to Boston, MA
4pm (I also barely made it!!!) Bus to Portsmouth, NH

I got to my place in NH at 6.25pm and though I left with my car at 4pm on Sunday, it took me a while to get back to NY. I stopped 2 times, but I was driving at the speed limit and being very careful (It's unbelievable how crazy people are while driving...).

Anyway, as G left I decided to go shopping and I went to Target. 
We don't have storage space in the apartment and the closets are WAY too small for the amount of clothes we have (and all my papers and shit). We can't do much to remodel the way they are, and I don't want to buy more furniture coz we don't have that much space in the rooms. So I thought about organizing the closets in an easy/cheap way.

I bought this hanging shoe organizers and clothes organizers. They were awesome!!! I can't believe how much room it gave to the closets (I'll post pictures when I'm all done) and how everything fits there so neat and clean! I can see all the stuff we have!

I also bought blinds for the windows - most of the people in our apartment building have blinds and I think it's a GREAT idea!

I'll be all done next week. I'm going to spend my vacations there, remodeling and reorganizing and redoing everything! I need to buy one more clock... or may be 2 more... :)

(we already have 8)

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Smart thinking about the organizers..