Friday, February 20, 2009

600...

Hey everybody!!! 
I'm alive!!!
As you all know I was on vacation this President's week and I came to NH to be with myself :( as G was on duty. He left on 2/5 but he came home on 2/16 so I had time to be with him 3 days during this week.
What I did when I came 2 weekends ago was start re-modeling/re-organizing my lil apartment here in NH. It's a 2 bedroom apartment with TINY closets and we had TONS of things to organize, so I decided to make it my own project for my vacation and it came out pretty good, I must tell.
I started with the living room and then I moved to the bathroom, then the closets and finally the office. While Gary was here he helped me to organize the office, and everything came out really neat and I'm very proud of the job I did.
I didn't want to spend a lot of $ buying stuff that then I won't use, so everything is reusable and we can take it apart in the event we move -which will most likely happen in a year or two.
Target, Lowes, Ikea and 2 online stores where the main suppliers of all our furniture/organization stuff. Ideas came from the SIMPLE magazine and organizeeverything.com which was great! coz it gave me a great idea on how to organize my photos and other stuff :)
We only need some plants for the living room coz it looks really 'empty' without some, and the kitchen is still a little messy. I'll get to that next week. I didn't really want to do that this week.
Gary was here 3 days... However, one of them was spent in Boston as the snow was gonna be really heavy in the area and it'd take us f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to get to Boston. We had a great time together there as well. American Idol and Top Chef kept us company... :) (he came on Monday and he left on Thursday - we stayed in Boston on Wedn night).
Even though it was a short week, I had a grea time here and I'm looking forward to the day I move permanently here. I hate going back and forth, and all those who commute know the feeling. Imagine driving 5 hours to come to NH and 5 hours going back to NY... or 7 hours riding a bus/taxi/subway to get to NH...
This is my 600th post. I've been posting for a while and I wanna thank all those who read this blog, all those who stop by and make comments, and all those who just glance thru it. 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and you enjoy the rest of this month! 

3 comments:

Los Simi said...

Te quedó todo muy lindo Noe!!!

Besos

Diva's Thoughts said...

You are supposed to rest and have fun on your vacation....souonds like you worked.

Glad you were able to spend time with the hubby!

Rita said...

it wasnt that bad though - it was about sat night, sunday and tuesday. i really didnt have anything else to do.
but it was so worth it! :)