Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Life is not always fair...

It's very hard for me to imagine a life where my dad won't lend me $ if I ask him, or my mom wouldn't be happy for me to go on a trip to a different place.

It's very hard for me to conceive the idea of a parent not loving a child, leaving them behind for so many years and not really caring about anything they do.

It's very hard for me to accept the fact some people just don't care.

While my fellow blogger Drea found it too hard to leave her 2 kids to go on a trip to see her brother in Italy (for just 2 weeks), some people don't care about leaving their kids for 9 years... They don't care about anything. They promise them 'el oro y el moro' as we say in Spanish and in the end they just break all those promises.

I spent a lot of time reading about adoption stories this past weekend.
I read how this Russian girl was adopted by an American family and few months later she got an email from her best friend who'd been adopted more than a 6 months before her. Her life completely changed because of that email. Because of that friend.
I read about couples not being able to have kids, and turning to adoption because that was the last choice.
I read about parents who lost their babies....

I just wanted to say I'm happy I got such great parents.
Are they perfect?
Nope.
I fight with my mom on MSN, on the phone, on emails. We have different opinions about everything and we argue, we cry, we laugh, we share stories, we're friends and we love each other.
Sometimes my mom sides with the 'others' and that pisses me off, and I tell her and we talk about it and we are ok again. She's my mom after all. My mom...

I don't understand many things and it hurts me to know certain things about my friends, my fellow bloggers, and people in general.

So today my thoughts are with my friend who had to call collect, my friend who asked me for $ to buy the bus ticket, my friend's mom who had to wait to be picked up, the mother who's sending her oldest son to college, the new mother whose husband is an alcoholic, the mother who chose her kids over a trip of a lifetime, and the million of women who chose to give other kids the life they parents couldn't or wouldn't.


1 comment:

Diva's Thoughts said...

It breaks my heart when people, especially children, feel neglected and unloved.

I love stories where the parents and kids are very close. We all fight but at the end of the day, there should be love there to get us through.