Friday, April 18, 2008

Healthy Eating


Not only did I stop drinking coffee, but i started doing some mayor food changes in my diet and also in the kids' diet. For a while I've tried to avoid pastas and all that stuff, and I've tried to include new things.
It hasn't worked that well... to tell you the truth. But yesterday I tried some eggplant -done the way we make the Milanesa- and they both liked it and ate the whole thing. I added some cheese and tomatoes, and Ryan ate it all. Nicole kinda gave me a hard time, but in the end she ate it too.
Their dad have set a 'snack' chart so that they can only get sweets twice a week -on Wednesday and Saturdays. It's worked really well coz they know they have to eat fruit and veggies during the week.
Anyway, I didn't want to talk about them.
I'm getting ready for my big transformation. LOL.
Well... let me laugh at myself too.
I'm way too heavy, so I'm gonna go on a diet again.
I joined a gym 2 months ago. Have I gone? Nope.
I'm starting on Monday and over this past week I've been doing the necessary adjustments in my life so that going into a 1,200-calorie-diet wont kill me (I won't starve- dont worry). There's not WW around here, so I'll join the 'You on a Diet' group and just do that by myself. I lost 12 lbs before, so that means I'm gonna be able to loose again.
I'm really excited about it.
I'm looking forward to my new body.
Actually, I'm looking forward to my new health.
I'm doing this not only for my image but also because I'm getting old and my health is not something I want to play with. And yes... I'm getting old. :)
I will find a gadget to check my weight. I'll start next Monday though, so I'll let you know how everything is going.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Good Luck on the diet, and the food looks so YUMMY!